Our team at Burgess Design Group is inclusive and supportive. Our strong:
- Passion: dedication and desire for success
- Excellence: professionalism, knowledge, expertise and service
- Results: deliver on time and on budget
- Teamwork: for our team, our clients, consultants and stakeholders
- Honesty: integrity, fair, open and accountable
Our Core Values apply to every part of our business, including our team, our consulting colleagues and our clients. As our clients seek a team oriented, high quality and professional service, so do we seek commitment and support from our clients.
Jon Burgess is a passionate student of Tae Kwon Do and was very fortunate to represent Australia at the World Championships in Italy in 2016 and Belarus in 2018. The teachings and philosophy of this martial art are a core component of Jon’s own personal values.
Some of the key teachings of include:
- Be willing to go where the going may be tough and to do the things that are worth doing even when they are difficult
- Be gentle to the weak and tough to the strong
- Be content with what you have in money and position but never skills
- Always finish what you begin, be it large or small
- Be a willing teacher to everyone regardless of religion, race or ideology
- Never yield to repression or threat in the pursuit of a noble cause
- Teach attitude and skill with action rather than words
- Always be yourself even though your circumstances may change
- Be the eternal teacher who teaches with the body when young, with words when old, and by moral precept even after death
These are teachings that we can all apply to everyday life, complementing the tenets of courtesy, integrity, self-control, perseverance and indomitable spirit.